- to rise, leap, move, or act suddenly and swiftly
- to be released from a constrained position
- to come or appear suddenly, as if at a bound
- to split or crack
- to leap over
- a leap, jump
- a source or fountainhead of something
- elasticity or resilience
- an issue of water from the earth
- a source or fountainhead
- the season between winter and summer, characterized by the budding of trees, growth of plants, the onset of warmer weather.
- a line from the quarter of a vessel to an anchor on the bottom, used to hold the vessel at its mooring, broadside to the current.
- the point at which an arch or dome rises from its support.
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable for the season of spring.
- resting on or containing mechanical springs.
jump, bound, hop, vault.
recoil, rebound.. shoot, dart, fly.
start, originate. emerge, emanate, issue, flow.
bend, warp. resiliency, buoyancy. origin, head. vernal.
(definitions from Dictionary.com)