Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I meant to do my work...

I Meant To Do My Work Today
Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,

And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
So what could I do but laugh and go?


I did mean to get up and do my work today (today is my day off, so work is housework...)

But a Toby dog brought a toy to play

And pleaded and pleaded.

And Gus turned his big sad brown eyes on me...

So what could I do but laugh and go?

HURRAH!

2 comments:

sealaura said...

OMG! Those eyes! I know what you mean, Norm gives me those eyes all the time and it makes it so hard to work! Good luck with the chores. :)

allhorsestuff said...

Ummmwhat I meant to do today, I planned last night....and um...today has it's own agenda- I am finding!
KK