Friday, September 11, 2009

Around campus

Early morning on September 11, 2009




I like how the water is trickling, quietly.


The morning shadows followed me around campus early today. I arrived before students showed up, and I walked to a quiet fountain to reflect on events of 8 years ago. As I fought tears, I saw more beauty surrounding me than I knew existed. It is as if the tears washed away the dust of my eyes.

Suddenly, everything looked fresher but wise none the less.



Even the sky looked hopeful.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that beautiful flower? Whatever it is, I'm in love with that and your pups. You take particularly striking pictures of dogs; unlike people though, dogs don't have a bad side.

FA said...

Hi Brenda. Thanks for the profound and encouraging post.

Brenda's Arizona said...

The flower is on a bush - a mexican bird of paradise. Not at all like (in botanical terms) the tropical bird of paradise, but I think the colors are similar. The MBP grows easily in our desert environment.